Translate

Wednesday 12 December 2012

An extract from my "Taxi chronicles"
 
I cannot start these chronicles without first introducing this fellow who’s gripped my mind with intense curiosity. This one person is without a doubt an embodiment of meaningful and gripping interest. He stands out from all the other rowdy, controlling drivers around, who are used to yelling naturally and behaving as though they own the ground they walk on. This one fellow carries a generous amount of appeal that lies neatly and perfectly on his face. There are not enough words to sum up the level of fascination I have suddenly developed for him. It is as if he carries deep moving captions about his life, his mannerism is that of a gentle soul...roughened though by the conditions that have become his life. I find myself lost in his space, staring at him as though I were a kid looking up a human size angel. Maybe that is a bit extreme...but it feels so. I could count how many times I’ve landed in his vehicle on one hand...with each of those trips I would get lost in my maze of thoughts about why I find him to be so unique...that of course, is done again with me staring at him.

No comments: